We’re looking for a strongly motivated, versatile and entrepreneurial minded Product Management Intern to join our MeModel Crew for a paid internship position. You will be working in a highly autonomous, agile environment with a small team that values collaboration, learning and sharing. Our rapidly growing team is building a product that will change the way the world discovers and shops for fashion. This will suit a recent graduate or junior PM who is looking to gain more experience in an exciting, dynamic start-up.
Focusing on one of our core elements – the MeModel – you will be working to help us better understand our users’ mindsets and the crucial areas for product improvement. You will be doing research with real users and discussing requirements from the rest of the business. You will discuss your findings with a world leading technical team to understand the limitations and timescales involved and come up with recommendations for the crew director. By joining us, you would be joining a tight-knit team in a well-funded startup at a time when you can make a real impact on the direction of the company. Being a startup the work is fast paced and varied – you must be flexible to change and motivated to deliver the best product possible.
While this role is predominately based in our East London office, you will be required to travel to our Tech HQ in Cambridge.
- Understanding the consumers point of view – what are the most important features we should be working
on to make the MeModel as appealing and trustworthy as possible
- Work closely with the development team to find new ways of improving existing services and products
- Coordinate product releases with the marketing, sales, development and other internal teams
- Work with other crews to understand requirements, inter-team dependencies and bottlenecks
- Studying competitors’ services and products
- Answer product related inquiries
- User and product research
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Comfortable being versatile in the tasks you will be working on
- Motivated to get stuff done
- Understanding of the online retail space and fashion in particular
- A true belief in the product and vision of Metail
- Understanding of agile, scrum workflow a plus
- Previous product management experience a plus
- Experience of user testing or running focus groups a plus
What we offer
- The chance to make a real difference at an exciting start-up
- Competitive pay
- Sociable working environment
Metail’s cutting edge technology allows users to try on clothes online after inputting three simple measurements. For shoppers, it increases their confidence to buy online as well as allowing them to experiment with new styles. For brands, it increases engagement and overall net sales. Metail has also been proven as an exciting and innovative marketing concept across magazines, online, live events and TV.
Based in East Aldgate, we’re in the heart of Silicon Roundabout with Spitalfields Market, Shoreditch High Street and the vast array of food stalls and bars all within walking distance. A sociable team, we frequently enjoy a cocktail together at the office or a local bar. Our office also plays host to the annual Christmas Party where Metail’s Christmas Bake Off has become something of a tradition.
If you want to be part of turning an innovative fashion technology startup into a global brand used on websites across the world and have the passion and drive to really want to make a difference at this exciting company, then apply now.